Corsair Obsidian 250D Mini ITX Review
Corsair has been a very famous manufacturer of hi-tech items and supplier of the finest memory modules for last some decades. However, for the past many years the company has diversified successfully in several market segments and today provides a number of products like computer cases, air and liquid CPU coolers, solid-state drives, power supply units and gaming peripherals. You can view excellent videos of detailed reviews of the Corsair Obsidian 250D and many other gaming and computer related products at Ren Gaming.
Corsair decided to start 2014 by taking up the Mini ITX case fever with the announcement of the Obsidian 250D – something which has been done recently by most large case manufacturers and designers. However Obsidian 250D has not yet been designed with the least proportions in mind. In spite of the Mini ITX format, it can accommodate very powerful gaming systems and sophisticated cooling solutions.
- Thick steel built and aluminum front fascia
- Top window has been provided for component visibility
- Thumbscrew backplate removal facilitated for accessing PSU and hard drive
- Dust fillers on all intakes can be removed easily
- Compatible with two 2.5” drives, two 3.5”/2.5” drives, one 5.25” drive, a 240mm radiator, a 290mm long GPU and a full-sized PSU
- A novel three panel removal for top and side panels, with thumbscrews
- Easy cable maintenance through several cable routing tie downs
- Tool-free installation for all drives
A simple cardboard box is what you receive the Obsidian 250D in, indicating its cubic shape. Inside the box, you can find the case packed among thick Styrofoam stabs and in a nylon bag. Thus enough protection has been provided for shipping of the lightweight case.
Supplied with the case are only the absolutely essential parts required to fully assemble a system. These are 3 small bags with black screws, a few black cable ties and a manual. It would have been better if some more cable ties and a couple of cable straps would have been provided. The bundle of these items can be found in a cardboard box in one of the 3.5” trays.