Easy and Excellent Alternatives to Download YouTube and Other Videos
Which tool do you love the most for downloading YouTube videos? Is it KeepVid? I agree that it’s perhaps the number one tool for the job. Most people use it for downloading videos not only from YouTube, but also from other sources like Vimeo, Dailymotion and more. However, you might have faced some difficulties while using KeepVid. I mean haven’t you experienced a hitch when you were downloading a certain video, which was important for you to download right on that time? Most of you might have experienced this problem, I am sure. The KeepVid thing doesn’t respond sometimes for a few hours and sometimes for days! And that’s really frustrating.
However, finding an alternative to Mac KeepVid is not as easy as claimed by the numerous nonsense ads that are posted on the internet. But I think, we won’t face such a problem henceforth, because we’ve found some easy alternatives.
A Top Alternative to KeepVid – Elmedia Player PRO – Software Solution
Choose one of the top KeepVid Alternative – Software solution: Airy or Elmedia Player PRO! This is the number one reliable source and it’s an exceptional player, though it’s not only a player! You can easily download videos with it from YouTube, Vevo, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook and many such video-hosting portals. Moreover, it is ad-free and therefore stable and safe to use. Plus, it’s compatible with macOS Sierra too.
You can use Elmedia Player PRO for:
- Downloading videos from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and more
- Making screenshots from movies
- Converting Flash Projectors to SWF
- Having flexible audio settings
- Streaming music and videos via AirPlay
If you only want to download YouTube videos, the Airy app is the best for you. This will work as a very basic YouTube downloader for you. Moreover it can also extract MP3 from videos on YouTube. You can download complete channels and playlists from YouTube with its help.
Downloading YouTube Videos with Airy App:
- Download the app and open it
- Select the video you want to download.
- Copy the link from the source and paste it in Airy. Then choose the required format from list. Hit the ‘Download’ button.
- You’ll have to wait for a couple of jiffies while the video is being downloaded.
- Note that with the free Airy, you can make 2 downloads. If you want to make more, you will have to buy a license.
You can find an online solution too. For example, ClipConterver.cc is pretty similar to KeepVid and you can use it to download videos in many formats. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open ClipConverter.cc
- Choose among the available options for downloading your video, e.g. MP3 or MP4
- Copy the video link from the source and paste it in the corresponding box
- Select your option and hit ‘Continue’ and then ‘Start’
You can also use some browsers to get extensions that help you get the online videos stored to your hard drive. Here are the most popular browsers that offer such extensions.
YouTube5 is Safari’s downloader. The default YouTube player can be replaced by it and that will improve your video experience by including many awesome features like the ability to change resolutions, volume control and more.
Simply click on your desired resolution displayed in the player to download the videos.
Another extension is YouTube Video Downloader which is a Chrome browser’s extension.
To download videos from YouTube, click the ‘Download’ button under the video and all the available formats will be opened before you. Choose one and save the video. So easy! A YouTube video can be converted to MP3 sound with this extension but only videos shorter than 20 minutes are supported by this method.