2 Important Points to Remember while Buying a PSU for Your Gaming PC

Your ads will be inserted here by

Easy Plugin for AdSense.

Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.

PSUYou’re playing Minecraft and are about to complete a beautiful house surrounded by an amazing garden. But oh god! Suddenly your PC makes a weird noise and your screen goes black. There is an unpleasant smell of burning of metal and a lean strand of smoke rises, shattering your nerves! After you come out from the panic attack, you realize that you won’t be able to play your favorite games, such as Minecraft, League of Legends and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive for some days as your PSU (Power Supply Unit) has failed.

You should remember that your PC usually comes with a PSU pre-installed in it; but it’s highly recommended to get it without a power supply unit and later buying a high-quality PSU and fit in it. While buying the power supply unit, never buy a poor PSU, as a cheap one can die and take other components with it. You also shouldn’t spend over $100 to get something good at your wattage range. Check with the website Gaming Cutter for more details on PSU choice. Here are some of their guidelines. I recommend you to go through all of their instructions.

1. Wattage

The first and foremost thing to consider while buying a new power supply unit is its wattage. A PSU with a short wattage will cause your PC to shut off when it pulls more power than the PSU can supply it. But on the other hand, buying one with a lot of wattage may be a waste of money.

An estimated power draw for your system can help you decide what wattage you should choose. You can do this with the help of a good online power supply calculator.

2. What it the 80 Plus Rating for Efficiency?

You might see the label “80 Plus” on a power supply unit and wonder what it is. It means that the PSU has been rated as 80% efficient. This means that the PSU delivers 80 percent of its rated power to your system and loses the rest 20 percent in the form of heat. If the wattage of a PSU is 500W and is rated 80 Plus, it means it will deliver only 400W to your system.

The efficiency of the power supply unit depends mainly on its part quality. But it’s also true that the higher the rating for efficiency, the higher price you’ll have to pay.

Remember these two important points as well as others on Gaming Cutter and find a great PSU for your PC so that you can enjoy playing your favorite games for hours.

You may also like...